Infy staff to get 6% wage hike
By ENS Economic Bureau - BANGALORE
13th October 2012 12:36 PM
Though Infosys disappointed markets when they missed street expectations in their revenue guidance, their employees were given reason to cheer as they announced a wage increase.
The company had stated that they would not give a wage increase during their first quarter results, but had said that they would revisit their decision in later quarters. “We have implemented a wage hike of 6% in India and between 2-3% for On-site employees”, he said and added that the hike would come into effect from October 1 for India and January 1 for On-site employees. The company said that they were recruiting as well and mostly outside India in niche skills in the systems integration space.
It had a gross addition of 10,420 employees and a net addition of 2,610 for the quarter, taking their total to 1,53,761 employees. They were recruiting 500 people on-site as well. “Next year when economy is stable, we will have the perfect platform”, Shibulal said on their large investments in Europe and new markets.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- 'Middle-class Indians hard hit by rupee's fall'
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- 'Kerala will lose 10 per cent of water resources by 2030'
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 10-year-old prodigy to enter Harvard University
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks