Sensex gains 87 pts in early trade
08th March 2013 10:18 AM
Indian markets rise in early trade for the fourth day on Friday. At 09.17 a.m., the Sensex was trading up 87.39 points or 0.45% at 19,500.93 with 26 components gaining. Meanwhile, the Nifty was trading higher by 23 points or 0.39% at 5,886.30 with 41 components gaining.
The 30-share benchmark index, BSE Sensex opened with a gain of 65.13 points or 0.34% at 19,478.67, while the broad based NSE Nifty started with a rise of 20.35 points or 0.35%, at 5,883.65.
Housing Development Finance Corporation contributed rise of 15.31 points in the Sensex. It was followed by Reliance Industries (13.28 points), I T C (10.34 points), H D F C Bank (8.69 points) and I C I C I Bank (7.01 points).
However, Infosys contributed fall of 10.86 points in the Sensex. It was followed by Tata Consultancy Services (3.86 points), D L F (0.43 points), Grasim Industries (0 points) and Wipro (0.14 points).
Biggest gainers in the 30-share index were Jindal Steel & Power (1.34%), Mahindra & Mahindra (1.29%), Bharti Airtel (1.11%), Tata Steel (1.07%), Housing Development Finance Corporation (1.06%), and Hero Motocorp (0.98%).
On the other hand, Bajaj Auto (0.73%), Infosys (0.63%), Tata Consultancy Services (0.36%), and Dr Reddy'S Laboratories (0.05%) were the biggest losers in the Sensex.
Market breadth was positive with 461 advances against 120 declines.
Value and Volume Toppers
State Bank Of India topped the value chart on the BSE with a turnover of Rs. 13.77 million. It was followed by D L F (Rs. 13.63 million), Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals (Rs. 8.62 million) and M M T C (Rs. 8.35 million).
The volume chart was led by Suzlon Energy with trades of over 0.18 million shares. It was followed by Kingfisher Airlines (0.13 million), Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals (0.12 million) and Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers (0.08 million).
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers