Markets may see flat-to-positive opening
05th March 2013 09:18 AM
Indian equities are likely to open flat on Tuesday, Mar. 5, 2013. SGX Nifty is trading at 5,772 (07.36 am), 10 points higher than Monday's closeof 5,762.
Asian stocks rose amid speculation the Federal Reserve will continue stimulus measures to boost the world's biggest economy. Japanese benchmark index Nikkei 225 rose 115.93 points, or 0.99%, to trade at 11,768.22.
Oil prices fell below USD90 a barrel Monday in international markets. On Monday, New York's main contract, light sweet crude for April, slid to a two-month trough of USD 89.51 a barrel. It later traded at USD 89.85, down 83 cents compared with Friday. Brent North Sea crude for delivery in April reached USD 109.61 a barrel - the lowest point for six weeks. In later London trading, it stood at USD 110.04, a loss of 36 cents compared with Friday's closing level.
US stocks closed higher on Monday as investors staged a late-day rebound, extending a recent trend of buying on dips and pushing major indexes near all-time highs despite concerns about growth and China's housing market. The Dow Jones industrial average rose 38.16 points, or 0.27%, to 14,127.82 at the close.
European stocks were little changed as utility shares rallied, offsetting HSBC Holdings Plc's biggest retreat since July and a survey that showed China's services industries slowed last month. UK's benchmark index FTSE 100 declined 32.97 points, or 0.52%, to end at 6,345.63.
In the spot market, the Dollar Index decreased 0.04% to 82.16 (20:56 ET).
World commodity prices gained on Monday with the increase in Reuters Jefferies CRB Index by 0.13%.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sushma upset at Modi role, walks out of BJP meet
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter