Sensex sheds some gains; Realty down over 2%
01st March 2013 02:18 PM
Indian markets pared most of its early gains in the post noon trade on Friday. Buying activity was seen in realty and consumer durables stocks. However, realty stocks fell the most.
At 13.07 pm, the Sensex was trading up 23.91 points or 0.13% at 18,885.45 with 15 components gaining. Meanwhile, the Nifty was trading higher by 12.30 points or 0.22% at 5,705.35 with 25 components gaining.
The 30-share benchmark index, BSE Sensex opened flat with a rise of 15.14 points or 0.08% at 18,876.68, while the broad based NSE Nifty started with a rise of 9.40 points or 0.17%, at 5,702.45.
Housing Development Finance Corporation contributed rise of 27.57 points in the Sensex. It was followed by I C I C I Bank (21.3 points), Larsen & Toubro (13.45 points), Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (9.92 points) and Mahindra & Mahindra (9.73 points).
However, I T C contributed fall of 34.56 points in the Sensex. It was followed by H D F C Bank (10.35 points), Tata Consultancy Services (10.21 points), Reliance Industries (9.54 points) and Bharti Airtel (8.86 points).
Major gainers in the 30-share index were Maruti Suzuki India (3.32%), Jindal Steel & Power (3.18%), Tata Power Company (3.12%), Mahindra & Mahindra (2.06%), Housing Development Finance Corporation (1.95%), and Larsen & Toubro (1.47%).
On the other hand, Dr Reddy"S Laboratories (1.99%), Bharti Airtel (1.87%), I T C (1.86%), Tata Steel (1.72%), Hero Motocorp (1.37%), and Bharat Heavy Electricals (1.09%) were the major losers in the Sensex.
Sectors in Limelight
The Power index was at 1,765.54, up by 21.47 points or by 1.23%. The major gainers were Reliance Infrastructure (3.91%), Crompton Greaves (2.87%), Adani Power (1.68%), G M R Infrastructure (0.84%) and A B B (0.03%).
The Consumer Durables index was at 7,251.49, up by 79.38 points or by 1.11%. The major gainers were Titan Industries (1.82%), Bajaj Electricals (1.72%), Rajesh Exports (0.99%), Gitanjali Gems (0.81%) and Whirlpool Of India (0.02%).
The Capital Goods index was at 9,260.12, up by 75.62 points or by 0.82%. The major gainers were Crompton Greaves (2.87%), Bharat Electronics (1.91%), Punj Lloyd (1.6%), Larsen & Toubro (1.47%) and A B B (0.03%).
On the other hand, the Realty index was at 1,962.71, down by 47.64 points or by 2.37%. The major losers were D L F (4.44%), Oberoi Realty (2.08%), Anant Raj (1.53%), Parsvnath Developers (0.58%) and Godrej Properties (0.32%).
Market breadth was negative with 1,229 advances against 1,402 declines.
Value and Volume Toppers
State Bank Of India topped the value chart on the BSE with a turnover of Rs. 605.13 million. It was followed by United Spirits (Rs. 601.10 million), CORE Education and Technologies (Rs. 480.52 million) and Strides Arcolab (Rs. 352.81 million).
The volume chart was led by Suzlon Energy with trades of over 15.72 million shares. It was followed by CORE Education and Technologies (7.15 million), Housing Development and Infrastructure (2.77 million) and Sujana Towers (2.44 million).
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)