Sensex continues to trade strong; Realty, IT lead
13th February 2013 02:18 PM
Indian marketscontinue to trade higherin the post noon trade on Wednesday. Intense buying is being witnessed in realty, IT and technology stocks. However FMCG, power and metal stockswitnessed a fall.
At 1 p.m, the Sensex was trading up 117.20 points or 0.60% at 19,678.24 with 14 components gaining. Meanwhile, the Nifty was trading higher by 35.65 points or 0.60% at 5,958.15 with 25 components gaining.
The 30-share benchmark index, BSE Sensex opened with a gain of 40.65 points or 0.21% at 19,601.69, while the broad based NSE Nifty started with a rise of 20.65 points or 0.35%, at 5,943.15.
Housing Development Finance Corporation contributed rise of 24.56 points in the Sensex. It was followed by I C I C I Bank (19.13 points), Tata Motors (17.9 points), Infosys (17.82 points) and Tata Consultancy Services (16.83 points).
However, Hindustan Unilever contributed fall of 4.67 points in the Sensex. It was followed by State Bank Of India (3.54 points), Maruti Suzuki India (2.71 points), Bharat Heavy Electricals (1.37 points) and Reliance Infrastructure (1.32 points).
Biggest gainers in the 30-share index were Tata Motors (2.78%), Bharti Airtel (1.90%), Tata Consultancy Services (1.69%), Housing Development Finance Corporation (1.66%), Mahindra & Mahindra (1.44%), and I C I C I Bank (1.24%).
On the other hand, Bajaj Auto (1.11%), Maruti Suzuki India (0.99%), G A I L (India) (0.93%), Hindustan Unilever (0.80%), Dr Reddy's Laboratories (0.72%), and Hindalco Industries (0.71%) were the biggest losers in the Sensex.
Mid & Small-cap Space
The BSE Midcap and Smallcap index rose 0.76% and 0.46% respectively.
Sectors in Limelight
The Realty index was at 2,121.44, up by 35.11 points or by 1.68%. The major gainers were Anant Raj (6.53%), Godrej Properties (3.22%), Oberoi Realty (1.93%), Indiabulls Real Estate (1.46%) and Housing Development and Infrastructure (0.29%).
The IT index was at 6,496.49, up by 81.32 points or by 1.27%. The major gainers were H C L Technologies (3.26%), Mahindra Satyam (1.38%), Infosys (1.1%), Tech Mahindra (0.97%) and Hexaware Technologies (0.3%).
The TECk index was at 3,816.79, up by 45.79 points or by 1.21%. The major gainers were Bharti Airtel (1.9%), Reliance MediaWorks (1.74%), D B Corp (1.11%), Dish TV India (0.55%) and Idea Cellular (0.5%).
On the other hand, the FMCG index was at 5,803.52, down by 14.38 points or by 0.25%. The major losers were United Breweries (4.63%), United Spirits (1.59%), Jubilant FoodWorks (1.37%), Hindustan Unilever (0.8%) and Dabur India (0.49%).
Market breadth was positive with 1,457 advances against 1,178 declines.
Value and Volume Toppers
State Bank Of India topped the value chart on the BSE with a turnover of Rs. 415.40 million. It was followed by Unitech (Rs. 323.20 million), United Spirits (Rs. 275.32 million) and Jet Airways (India) (Rs. 213.00 million).
The volume chart was led by Unitech with trades of over 10.60 million shares. It was followed by Kingfisher Airlines (4.22 million), Lanco Infratech (2.52 million) and Cals Refineries (2.42 million).
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks