INR reverses early gains, ends 9 paise down against USD
05th February 2013 08:18 AM
Indian rupee fell sharply on Monday against US dollar reversing early gains. It was down by9 paise or 0.16% against US dollar to Rs 53.29 compared to previous close of 53.2. It opened higher at Rs 53.01 against US dollar.
The sensex declined 30.00 or 0.15% at 19,751.19 with 20 components posting drop. Meanwhile, the broad based NSE Nifty went down by 11.65 or 0.19% at 5,987.25 with 37 components posting drop.
In the spot market, the Dollar Index increased 0.45% to 79.48 compared with previous close of 79.12 (07:00 ET). It was opened at 79.17.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks