Sensex continues to trade higher; rate-sensitives lead
04th February 2013 02:18 PM
Indian markets continue to trade positive in a range bound manner with buying activity seen in realty and auto stocks. However, healthcare and PSU stockssaw profit booking.
At 13.07 pm, the Sensex was trading up 84.47 points or 0.43% at 19,865.66 with 17 components gaining. Meanwhile, the Nifty was trading higher by 21.05 points or 0.35% at 6,019.95 with 26 components gaining.
The 30-share benchmark index, BSE Sensex opened with a gain of 79.78 points or 0.40% at 19,860.97, while the broad based NSE Nifty started with a rise of 26.30 points or 0.44%, at 6,025.20.
I C I C I Bank contributed rise of 37.62 points in the Sensex. It was followed by Housing Development Finance Corporation (36.72 points), Tata Motors (20.72 points), H D F C Bank (16.9 points) and Larsen & Toubro (7.75 points).
However, Oil & Natural Gas Corporation contributed fall of 10.46 points in the Sensex. It was followed by State Bank Of India (9.87 points), Infosys (8.62 points), Bharat Heavy Electricals (3.9 points) and Hindustan Unilever (3.21 points).
Biggest gainers in the 30-share index were Tata Motors (3.12%), Housing Development Finance Corporation (2.55%), I C I C I Bank (2.39%), Jindal Steel & Power (1.58%), H D F C Bank (1.16%), and Hindalco Industries (0.84%).
On the other hand, Dr Reddy"S Laboratories (1.72%), Bharat Heavy Electricals (1.71%), Cipla (1.61%), State Bank Of India (1.26%), Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (1.23%), and Tata Power Company (1.12%) were the biggest losers in the Sensex.
Sectors in Limelight
The Realty index was at 2,235.55, up by 22.96 points or by 1.04%. The major gainers were Indiabulls Real Estate (3.25%), D L F (2.18%), Oberoi Realty (1%), Parsvnath Developers (0.72%) and Godrej Properties (0.17%).
The Auto index was at 10,982.93, up by 97.09 points or by 0.89%. The major gainers were Exide Industries (0.9%), Cummins India (0.88%), Bajaj Auto (0.54%), Ashok Leyland (0.41%) and Hero Motocorp (0.37%).
The Bankex index was at 14,507.22, up by 42.06 points or by 0.29%. The major gainers were I C I C I Bank (2.39%), H D F C Bank (1.16%), Kotak Mahindra Bank (0.84%) and Yes Bank (0.45%).
On the other hand, the HC index was at 8,018.48, down by 60.82 points or by 0.75%. The major losers were Biocon (1.76%), Dr Reddy"S Laboratories (1.72%), Cipla (1.61%), Divis Laboratories (0.89%) and Cadila Healthcare (0.34%).
Market breadth was negative with 1,326 advances against 1,298 declines.
Value and Volume Toppers
Bank Of Baroda topped the value chart on the BSE with a turnover of Rs. 537.85 million. It was followed by State Bank Of India (Rs. 448.56 million), Sun TV Network (Rs. 375.22 million) and Jet Airways (India) (Rs. 329.02 million).
The volume chart was led by Suzlon Energy with trades of over 6.72 million shares. It was followed by I F C I (3.86 million), TV18 Broadcast (2.65 million) and Birla Cotsyn (India) (2.16 million).
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Tiruchendur temple ‘under grip’ of Tirusundarars
- ‘Papi hills’ going the sex tourism way?
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- 'Ankur Arora Murder Case' (Hindi)