Expect RBI to cut repo rate by 25 bps: Amar Ambani
29th January 2013 08:18 AM
TheRBI is expected to cut the repo rate in Tuesday's monetary policy by 25 bps. This would mark the resumption of rate cut cycle after a pause of about nine months, Amar Ambani, Head of Research, IIFL said.
"There is a case for a 100 basis points repo rate cut in 2013. Some optimists even hint at a 150 basis point cut but that seems far-fetched especially if inflation is tested with below par monsoon, fuel price de-linkage and railway fare hike,'' Ambani said.
Disclaimer: IRIS has taken due care and caution in compilation of data for its web site. Information has been obtained by IRIS from sources which it considers reliable. However, IRIS does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. IRIS especially states that it has no financial liability whatsoever to any user on account of the use of information provided on its website.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover