Rupee drops 22 paise against US dollar to 53.91
28th January 2013 06:18 PM
Indian rupeefell sharplyon Monday against US dollar. It was down by 22 paise or 0.41% against US dollar to Rs 53.91 compared to previous close of 53.69. It opened higher at Rs 53.81 against US dollar.
At the close, the 30-share benchmark index, BSE Sensex ended flat with a decline of 0.18 points or 0.00% at 20,103.35, 15 components registering drop. while the broad based NSE Nifty closed flat with a gain of 0.15 points or 0.00%, at 6,074.80.23 components registering rise.
In the spot market, the Dollar Index increased 0.11% to 79.83 compared with previous close of 79.75 (06:13 ET). It was opened at 79.77.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15