Sensex flat with positive bias at open
26th December 2012 10:18 AM
Indian equities are trading flat with positive bias on Wednesday. At 09.16 a.m., the Sensex was trading up 54.58 points or 0.28% at 19,309.67 with 22 components gaining. Meanwhile, the Nifty was trading higher by 9.20 points or 0.16% at 5,864.95 with 36 components gaining.
The 30-share benchmark index, BSE Sensex opened with a gain of 47.38 points or 0.25% at 19,302.47, while the broad based NSE Nifty started with a rise of 9.20 points or 0.16%, at 5,864.95.
Reliance Industries contributed rise of 12.66 points in the Sensex. It was followed by I C I C I Bank (6.48 points), Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (5.67 points), Infosys (4.05 points) and Tata Consultancy Services (2.94 points).
However, Tata Motors contributed fall of 2.84 points in the Sensex. It was followed by Housing Development Finance Corporation (1.64 points), Wipro (0.79 points), Hindustan Unilever (0.7 points) and Hero Motocorp (0.53 points).
Biggest gainers in the 30-share index were Sterlite Industries (India) (1.04%), Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (0.86%), Hindalco Industries (0.85%), Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (0.76%), Reliance Industries (0.73%), and Tata Steel (0.60%).
On the other hand, Tata Motors (0.42%), Wipro (0.29%), Hero Motocorp (0.24%), Tata Power Company (0.23%), Housing Development Finance Corporation (0.11%), and Hindustan Unilever (0.10%) were the major losers in the Sensex.Market Breadth
Market breadth was positive with 367 advances against 125 declines.
Value and Volume Toppers
Indusind Bank topped the value chart on the BSE with a turnover of Rs. 689.03 million. It was followed by S R S Real Infrastructure (Rs. 50.27 million), Liberty Phosphate (Rs. 12.62 million) and Jet Airways (India) (Rs. 9.38 million).
The volume chart was led by Indusind Bank with trades of over 1.63 million shares. It was followed by S R S Real Infrastructure (1.00 million), Kingfisher Airlines (0.35 million) and Lanco Infratech (0.18 million).
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Dravid to retire from IPL?