Market likely to open flat; August IIP data eyed
12th October 2012 09:18 AM
Indian equities are likely to open flat on Friday, Oct. 12, 2012. SGX Nifty is trading at 5,759 (07.28 a.m.), 10.5 points higher than Thursday"s closeof 5,748.5.
Asian stocks rose after U.S. jobless claims fell, boosting the earnings outlook for the region"s exporters. Japanese benchmark index Nikkei 225 rose 17.06 points, or 0.20%, to trade at 8,563.84.
Oil prices rose Thursday as tension between Turkey and Syria raised concerns that crude oil supplies from the Middle East could be disrupted. Benchmark oil gained 82 cents to close at USD 92.07 a barrel. It has risen 2.4% so far this week. Brent crude, which is used to price international varieties of oil, rose USD 1.50 to USD 114.68 on the ICE Futures Exchange in London.
US stocks closed little changed on Thursday after a solid rally sparked by surprisingly good data on weekly jobless claims fizzled out, in part due to questions over the figures. The Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 18.58 points, or 0.14%, at 13,326.39.
European stocks advanced on Thursday as U.S. jobless claims fell to a four- year low and Burberry Group Plc (BRBY) led luxury-goods makers higher. UK"s benchmark index FTSE 100 advanced 53.04 points, or 0.92%, to end at 5,829.75.
In the spot market, the Dollar Index decreased 0.06% to 79.73 (21:43 ET).
World commodity prices gained on Thursday with the increase in Reuters Jefferies CRB Index by 0.60%.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- ‘Lack of anthropologists hits welfare policymaking’
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Key relationships
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Bangalore crush Chennai in 8-over match, keep semi hopes alive