Markets to focus on corporate earnings this week: CanMoney
08th October 2012 09:18 AM
"Domestic and global quarterly result will have major focus in this week and may be decisive in imparting any direction to our market. The Q2 September 2012 earnings season will begin around mid-October 2012. Infosys will announce its quarterly result on October 12. Investors and analysts will closely watch the management commentary that would accompany the results which could cause revision in their future earnings forecast of the company for the current year or the next year," said Canara Bank Securities, while commenting on market outlook.
"The mid and small cap continued to out perform the broader indices signalling that the market still has the retail participants gunning for more. Huge selling of USD by exporters and banks supported the firmness in INR. This will be supportive for import centric sectors like Oil & gas, Auto etc and will support our BOP (balance of payment too)."
"On options front 6,000 call option has seen maximum buildup in open interest followed by 5,800 strike price, while in put option 5,500-5,700 strike prices has seen significant amount of buildup in Friday"s trading session. Highest open interest in October series is at 6000 call option and in 5700 put option. Beside these VIX remained abated at 16+ range, which is good for future course."
Disclaimer: IRIS has taken due care and caution in compilation of data for its web site. Information has been obtained by IRIS from sources which it considers reliable. However, IRIS does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of any information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. IRIS especially states that it has no financial liability whatsoever to any user on account of the use of information provided on its website.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals