Sensex flat with positive bias at open
01st October 2012 10:18 AM
Indian equities are tradingflat with positive bias in early trade on Monday. At 09.18 a.m., the Sensex was trading up 21.90 points or 0.12% at 18,784.64 with 19 components gaining. Meanwhile, the Nifty was trading higher by 1.45 points or 0.03% at 5,704.75 with 33 components gaining.
The 30-share benchmark index, BSE Sensex opened with a gain of 21.90 points or 0.12% at 18,784.64, while the broad based NSE Nifty began flat with a gain of 1.45 points or 0.03%, at 5,704.75.
Infosys contributed rise of 12.33 points in the Sensex. It was followed by I T C (9.98 points), Reliance Industries (9.17 points), Tata Motors (7.6 points) and State Bank Of India (4.43 points).
However, Housing Development Finance Corporation contributed fall of 12.83 points in the Sensex. It was followed by I C I C I Bank (7.68 points), Wipro (1.73 points), Reliance Communications (0.87 points) and Bharti Airtel (0.83 points).
Biggest gainers in the 30-share index were Tata Motors (1.23%), Sun Pharmaceutical Industries (1.05%), Hero Motocorp (0.98%), Jindal Steel & Power (0.91%), Sterlite Industries (India) (0.86%), and Infosys (0.82%).
On the other hand, Housing Development Finance Corporation (0.91%), Wipro (0.63%), I C I C I Bank (0.53%), Dr Reddy"S Laboratories (0.45%), Bharti Airtel (0.19%), and Tata Power Company (0.09%) were the biggest losers in the Sensex.Market Breadth
Market breadth was positive with 557 advances against 143 declines.
Value and Volume Toppers
Tulip Telecom topped the value chart on the BSE with a turnover of Rs. 19.66 million. It was followed by United Spirits (Rs. 17.36 million), State Bank Of India (Rs. 14.09 million) and Tata Global Beverages (Rs. 10.95 million).
The volume chart was led by Tulip Telecom with trades of over 0.42 million shares. It was followed by Cals Refineries (0.20 million), B P L (0.20 million) and Noida Toll Bridge Company (0.16 million).
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling