Sensex flat with positive bias at open
24th September 2012 10:18 AM
Indian equities are trading flat with positive bias in early trade on Monday. At 09.20 a.m., the Sensex was trading up 27.36 points or 0.15% at 18,780.19 with 16 components gaining. Meanwhile, the Nifty was trading higher by 13.35 points or 0.23% at 5,704.50 with 30 components gaining.
The 30-share benchmark index, BSE Sensex opened flat with a rise of 3.48 points or 0.02% at 18,756.31, while the broad based NSE Nifty began flat with a gain of 0.80 points or 0.01%, at 5,691.95.
State Bank Of India contributed rise of 10.59 points in the Sensex. It was followed by Housing Development Finance Corporation (6.97 points), Bharat Heavy Electricals (5.75 points), Tata Power Company (5.52 points) and Mahindra & Mahindra (4.69 points).
However, I T C contributed fall of 13.14 points in the Sensex. It was followed by Larsen & Toubro (3.54 points), Tata Motors (2.9 points), H D F C Bank (2.32 points) and Reliance Industries (1.9 points).
Major gainers in the 30-share index were Tata Power Company (2.82%), Bharat Heavy Electricals (2.73%), Jindal Steel & Power (2.12%), State Bank Of India (1.67%), Mahindra & Mahindra (1.10%), and NTPC (1.07%).
On the other hand, I T C (0.75%), Sterlite Industries (India) (0.62%), Coal India (0.51%), Tata Motors (0.47%), G A I L (India) (0.44%), and Larsen & Toubro (0.36%) were the biggest losers in the Sensex.
Mid & Small-cap Space
The BSE Mid and small caps outperformed their larger counterparts gaining 0.25% and 0.43% respectively. The major gainers in the BSE Midcap were Alok Industries (3.64%), A B G Shipyard (0.99%), Amtek Auto (0.74%), Aban Offshore (0.57%) and Amara Raja Batteries (0.15%).The major gainers in the BSE Smallcap were Reliance MediaWorks (2.7%), Aanjaneya Lifecare (1.87%), Action Construction Equipment (1.69%), Advanta India (1.16%) and A2Z Maintenance & Engineering Services (0.38%).
Sectors in Limelight
The Power index was at 2,012.13, up by 22.02 points or by 1.11%. The major gainers were Adani Power (3.09%), Bharat Heavy Electricals (2.73%), Reliance Infrastructure (2.11%), Crompton Greaves (1.02%) and A B B (0.19%).
The Realty index was at 1,785.63, up by 8.19 points or by 0.46%. The major gainers were D B Realty (2.64%), Housing Development and Infrastructure (1.49%), Anant Raj Industries (1.14%), Indiabulls Real Estate (1.14%) and D L F (0.74%).
The HC index was at 7,376.59, up by 18.79 points or by 0.26%. The major gainers were Dr Reddy"S Laboratories (0.57%), Aurobindo Pharma (0.54%), Cipla (0.51%), Biocon (0.49%) and Divis Laboratories (0.05%).
On the other hand, the Metal index was at 10,665.74, down by 12.59 points or by 0.12%. The major losers were Coal India (0.51%), JSW Steel (0.37%), NMDC (0.31%), Hindalco Industries (0.3%) and Hindustan Zinc (0.04%).
Market breadth was positive with 623 advances against 194 declines.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS