Bharti Airtel drops 3% on weak Q1 earnings
08th August 2012 11:18 AM
Bharti Airtelplunged on Wednesday after it announced weak Q1 earnings. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 282.45, down Rs 11.35, or 3.86% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Wednesday at 10:19 a.m.The company reported a fall of 37.28% in consolidated net profit to Rs 7.62 billion for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 12.15 billion in the same period last year. Earnings performance of the company was below market estimates of Rs 10.75 billion.
Total consolidated income has increased by 14.01% to Rs 193.62 billion for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 from Rs 169.83 billion in the year ago period.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 293.90 and low of Rs 280.85. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 846,698.In the earlier session, the shares declined 0.79%, or Rs 2.35, at Rs 293.80. Currently, the stock is trading down 32.27% from its 52-week high of Rs 417.00 and above 0.84% over the 52-week low of Rs 280.10.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 297.55 (3.75) (1.26) 1 Month 316.70 (22.90) (7.23) 3 Months 309.70 (15.90) (5.13) 6 Months 349.90 (56.10) (16.03) 1 Year 407.10 (113.30) (27.83) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Knowledge and faith
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers