REC gains on good Q1 numbers
30th July 2012 10:18 AM
Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) gained on Monday after the company announced good Q1 numbers. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 186.05, up Rs 2.9, or 1.58% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Monday at 9:31 a.m.The company reported increase of 32.44% in net profit to Rs 8.77 billion for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 6.62 billion in the same period last year.
Total income has gone up 29.57% to Rs 30.69 billion for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 from Rs 23.52 billion in the year ago period.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 187.60 and low of Rs 185.05. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 32,652.In the earlier session, the shares climbed 2.26%, or Rs 4.05, at Rs 183.15. Currently, the stock is trading down 25.99% from its 52-week high of Rs 251.40 and above 31.02% over the 52-week low of Rs 142.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 191.30 (8.15) (4.26) 1 Month 181.75 1.40 0.77 3 Months 208.20 (25.05) (12.03) 6 Months 182.85 0.30 0.16 1 Year 209.45 (26.30) (12.56) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas