Jaiprakash Power gains on strong Q1 earnings
23rd July 2012 02:18 PM
Jaiprakash Power Ventures gained on Monday after company announced strong Q1 profit. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 34.30, up Rs 0.5, or 1.48% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Monday at 12:22 p.m. The company reported Saturday a surge of 2.63 times a net profit to Rs 1,829.6 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 695.6 million in the same period last year.
During the quarter, the company saw a rise of 95.25% in total income to Rs 5.54 billion from Rs 2.83 billion in the same quarter last year.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 35 and low of Rs 34.25. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 212,259.In the earlier session, the shares fell 0.44%, or Rs 0.15, at Rs 33.80. Currently, the stock is trading down 30.99% from its 52-week high of Rs 49.70 and above 9.76% over the 52-week low of Rs 31.25.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 34.80 (1.00) (2.87) 1 Month 36.00 (2.20) (6.11) 3 Months 42.05 (8.25) (19.62) 6 Months 40.85 (7.05) (17.26) 1 Year 45.05 (11.25) (24.97) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- South block watch
- Greasepaint fails to hide K-town tension
- T M Soundararajan: An Alchemist who mixed melodies with emotions
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'