NHPC tumbles 16% with heavy volumes
04th March 2013 02:18 PM
An Indian electric utilities company, NHPC tumbled on Monday with heavy volumes. However, there is no specific reason for such falland it appears NHPCis anothervictim of large scale selling that pulled down CORE Education, ABG Shipyard and few other mid-caps recently.
Commenting on the fall,the company clarified, "As far as the fundamentals of the company, there is no change which affects the major price movement. In our opinion, there is no issue in the finance bill which has any adverse effect on hydro sector."The company's total volume of shares traded on the bourses today was sharply higherat 272,050,071 compared with 22-day average volume of 21,658,728. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 20.25, down Rs 3.9, or 16.15% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Monday at 12:56 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 21.80 and low of Rs 17.90. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 84,299,966.In the earlier session, the shares fell 10.56%, or Rs 2.85, at Rs 24.15. Currently, the stock is trading down 31.12% from its 52-week high of Rs 29.40 and above 38.23% over the 52-week low of Rs 14.65.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 28.95 (4.80) (16.58) 1 Month 28.90 (4.75) (16.44) 3 Months 23.25 0.90 3.87 6 Months 17.80 6.35 35.67 1 Year 21.25 2.90 13.65 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS