Mahindra falls on hike in excise on SUVs
28th February 2013 04:18 PM
Mahindra & Mahindra, India's biggest utility vehicle manufacturer, fell on Thursday after finance minister proposed increasing excise duty on sports utility vehicles (SUVs).
P. Chidambaram proposed in the country's budget for the upcoming financial year that the duty would increase to 30% from 27%. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 875.50, down Rs 15.8, or 1.77% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Thursday at 2:59 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 901.65 and low of Rs 870.25. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 120,423.In the earlier session, the shares gained 3.03%, or Rs 26.2, at Rs 891.30. Currently, the stock is trading down 10.19% from its 52-week high of Rs 974.80 and above 40.81% over the 52-week low of Rs 621.75.
Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 884.55 6.75 0.76 1 Month 896.40 (5.10) (0.57) 3 Months 944.85 (53.55) (5.67) 6 Months 765.15 126.15 16.49 1 Year 707.65 183.65 25.95 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15