Madras Cements gains post Q3 results
13th February 2013 02:18 PM
Madras Cements, the leading cement manufacturer, gained on Wednesday afterreporting third quarter results today.
The company announced an increase of 8.8% in consolidated net profit of Rs 836 million for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to Rs 768.4 million in the same period last year.
Consolidated net sales of the company increased 21.62% to Rs 9.05 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 from Rs 7.44 billion in the year ago period. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 238.70, up Rs 3.9, or 1.66% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Wednesday at 12:24 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 240 and low of Rs 235.10. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 43,798.In the earlier session, the shares lost 0.42%, or Rs 1, at Rs 234.80. Currently, the stock is trading down 5.82% from its 52-week high of Rs 253.45 and above 79.27% over the 52-week low of Rs 133.15.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 235.20 (0.40) (0.17) 1 Month 224.65 10.15 4.52 3 Months 215.45 19.35 8.98 6 Months 176.70 58.10 32.88 1 Year 141.60 93.20 65.82 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Powerless villages hang on to hope
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection