Canara Bank falls on weak Q3 earnings
08th February 2013 02:18 PM
Canara Bank, the public sector lender, dropped on Friday after reporting weak Q3 numbers. The bankposted a fall of 18.85% in net profit on year-on-year basis to Rs 7.11 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012. Total income increased by 9.51% during the quarter to Rs 93.90 billion.
Shares ofthe bankare trading at Rs 451.65, down Rs 8.5, or 1.85% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Friday at 1:04 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 463.50 and low of Rs 440.50. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 398,331.In the earlier session, the shares fell 1.45%, or Rs 6.75, at Rs 460.15. Currently, the stock is trading down 20.2% from its 52-week high of Rs 566 and above 47.6% over the 52-week low of Rs 306.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 472.05 (11.90) (2.52) 1 Month 511.10 (50.95) (9.97) 3 Months 435.65 24.50 5.62 6 Months 349.45 110.70 31.68 1 Year 526.15 (66.00) (12.54) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online