ACC falls on weak Q4 earnings
08th February 2013 10:17 AM
ACC, one of the leading cement makers,dropped on Friday after reporting a fall of 45.76% in consolidated net profit to Rs 2.51 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to Rs 4.63 billion in the same period last year.
The sharp fall attributed to high base for last year as the profit included one-time gain of Rs 1.29 billion for tax write back.
Consolidated net sales of the company rose 2.52% to Rs 27.68 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 from Rs 27 billion in the year ago period. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 1,322.90, down Rs 22.5, or 1.67% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Friday at 9:33 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 1,333.80 and low of Rs 1,317.55. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 4,784.In the earlier session, the shares rose 1.15%, or Rs 15.3, at Rs 1,345.40. Currently, the stock is trading down 12.68% from its 52-week high of Rs 1,514.95 and above 19.71% over the 52-week low of Rs 1,105.05.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 1,319.85 25.55 1.94 1 Month 1,397.70 (52.30) (3.74) 3 Months 1,452.70 (107.30) (7.39) 6 Months 1,341.70 3.70 0.28 1 Year 1,388.90 (43.50) (3.13) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves