GTL jumps 9% on improvement in Q3 performance
06th February 2013 12:18 PM
GTL, engaged in the business of telecom and power, rallied on Wednesday afterreporting improvement in resultsfor the third quarter of fiscal 2013.
The company announced fall in consolidated net loss to Rs 810.7 million for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to net loss of Rs 1,029.8 million in the same period last year.
Consolidated net sales increased by 12.5% to Rs 7.16 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 from Rs 6.39 billion in the year ago period.
During the quarter, the operating profit marginimproved to 6.67% from negative 1.73% for the same period last year. Shares of the companyare trading at Rs 25.20, up Rs 2.1, or 9.09% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Wednesday at 10:32 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 25.85 and low of Rs 23.35. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 351,703.In the earlier session, the shares declined 1.49%, or Rs 0.35, at Rs 23.10. Currently, the stock is trading down 59.22% from its 52-week high of Rs 61.80 and above 11.26% over the 52-week low of Rs 22.65.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 23.75 (0.65) (2.74) 1 Month 28.65 (5.55) (19.37) 3 Months 29.80 (6.70) (22.48) 6 Months 30.50 (7.40) (24.26) 1 Year 45.40 (22.30) (49.12) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links