United Spirits climbs 2% on SEBI approval open offer
06th February 2013 08:18 AM
United Spirits, engaged in manufacturing of beverage alcohol,gained on Tuesday after the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has cleared Diageo Plc's open offer for the Indian company.
During the quarter, Diageo and the company applied for permission from SEBI and Competition Commission of India (CCI). Shares ofthe companysettled at Rs 1,891.55, up Rs 35.8, or 1.93% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Tuesday at 3:31 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 1,929.90 and low of Rs 1,836.50. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 688,616.In the earlier session, the shares fell 0.53%, or Rs 9.95, at Rs 1,855.75. Currently, the stock is trading down 11.98% from its 52-week high of Rs 2,149 and above 295.27% over the 52-week low of Rs 478.55.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 1,809.40 46.35 2.56 1 Month 1,936.90 (81.15) (4.19) 3 Months 1,300.10 555.65 42.74 6 Months 834.45 1,021.30 122.39 1 Year 752.10 1,103.65 146.74 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
- Supreme Court refuses to ban IPL, slams BCCI on spot-fixing
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres