Jubilant Food extends fall, loses Rs 9 bn in m-cap in 2 days
05th February 2013 11:18 AM
Jubilant FoodWorks, operator of Dominos Pizza stores, extends fall for the second day on Tuesday as lower-than-expected same store sales and margins raised concern over sustainability of higher valuation.
Shares of the company are trading at Rs 1,059, down Rs 75.15, or 6.63% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Tuesday at 9:51 a.m.
In the earlier session, the shares fell 5.23%, or Rs 62.6, at Rs 1,134.15.
The company lost Rs 8.98 billion in market capitalisation to Rs 69.05 billion due to 11% drop in share prices from Friday's closing.
On Monday, the company announced a growth of 27.91% in net profit to Rs 377.01 million for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to Rs 294.75 million in the year ago period.
The company reported a fall of 165 bps in operating margins to 13.81% as compared with 15.46% for last year period.Net sales increased by 39.02% to Rs 3.85 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to Rs 2.77 billion in the year ago period.
"We are positive on JFL's robust brand equity, dominance in pizza delivery and long-term growth potential, we are concerned on SSG slowdown over medium term," Edelweiss Securities.
Total volume of shares traded on the bourses today was higher by 177.74% to 957,365 compared with 22-day average volume of 344,703.
The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 1,130.10 and low of Rs 1,044.20.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 1,212.90 (78.75) (6.49) 1 Month 1,323.45 (189.30) (14.30) 3 Months 1,316.70 (182.55) (13.86) 6 Months 1,203.20 (69.05) (5.74) 1 Year 972.20 161.95 16.66 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- New Mental Health Bill bans electric shocks, gives right to treatment
- Caste curses Dalit, tribal children to life of slavery beyond borders
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Several cheating cases against Saritha S Nair
- Berthing facilities for naval ships
- Imran Khan damaged Pakistan cricket: Aamir Sohail
- Shalu Menon's mother files plaint
- India to convey its view on S Lanka's 13th Amendment after consideration