BHEL falls as Q3 disappoints on all financial parameters
01st February 2013 03:18 PM
Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL), an integrated power plant equipment manufacturer, dropped on Friday afterreporting a fall of 17.5% in its third quarter net profit due to lower sales and margins.
It has reported net profit to Rs 11.82 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to Rs 14.33 billion in the same period last year. Earnings performance of the company was below market estimates of Rs 13.71 billion.
Net sales of the company decreased by 4.74% to Rs 100.42 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to Rs 105.41 billion in the year ago period.
The company witnessed a drop of 413 bps in operating margins to 12.31% as compared with 16.44% for last year period.
Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 221.55, down Rs 6.15, or 2.70% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Friday at 1:21 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 229.95 and low of Rs 217.35. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 1,340,374.In the earlier session, the shares gained 2.36%, or Rs 5.25, at Rs 227.70. Currently, the stock is trading down 32.53% from its 52-week high of Rs 328.35 and above 13.59% over the 52-week low of Rs 195.05.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 229.50 (1.80) (0.78) 1 Month 238.30 (10.60) (4.45) 3 Months 229.15 (1.45) (0.63) 6 Months 224.65 3.05 1.36 1 Year 258.80 (31.10) (12.02) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Kalabhavan Mani missing after assaulting forest staff
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs