Bharti Airtel falls as Q3 profit plunge
01st February 2013 02:18 PM
Bharti Airtel, a leading integrated telecommunications company, dropped on Friday after reporting a fall of 71.95% in profit due to higher finance cost and lower margins.
During the quarter, the consolidated net profit was at Rs 2.84 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to Rs 10.11 billion in the same period last year.
The company has reported finance cost including exchange fluctuation of Rs 13.32 billion, registering a rise of 69%.
The company has posted consolidated EBITDA margin of 30.6% down from 32.2% for the same period last year.
In the same period, consolidated revenue has increased by 9.43% to Rs 202.54 billion compared with year ago period. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 332.40, down Rs 7, or 2.06% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Friday at 12:49 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 347.20 and low of Rs 327.10. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 1,358,822.In the earlier session, the shares lost 1.52%, or Rs 5.25, at Rs 339.40. Currently, the stock is trading down 16.38% from its 52-week high of Rs 400.90 and above 40.57% over the 52-week low of Rs 238.50.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 359.60 (20.20) (5.62) 1 Month 321.35 18.05 5.62 3 Months 274.90 64.50 23.46 6 Months 296.45 42.95 14.49 1 Year 385.95 (46.55) (12.06) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- Hurdles galore as UPA walks road to Ballot 2014
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Western Ghats: Gadgil’s missive to Kasturirangan opens fresh debate
- Siddaramaiah has his way with team
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix