Mah Satyam falls as Q3 earnings drop 74%
01st February 2013 12:18 PM
Mahindra Satyam, a consulting, IT services and engineering solutions provider, fell on Friday after reporting a fall of 74.07% in its net profit due to onetime exceptional loss incurred during the quarter.
The net profit of the company stood at Rs 799.8 million as compared to Rs 3,084.3 million in the same period last year.
One-time extraordinary loss of Rs 2.94 billion pertains to the Aberdeen UK claim settlement reached during the quarter, the company said.
Total income has increased by 9.70% to Rs 20.51 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 from Rs 18.69 billion in the year ago period. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 118.70, down Rs 1.2, or 1% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Friday at 10:04 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 119.20 and low of Rs 117.25. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 237,591.In the earlier session, the shares lost 2.32%, or Rs 2.85, at Rs 119.90. Currently, the stock is trading down 5.04% from its 52-week high of Rs 125.00 and above 82.48% over the 52-week low of Rs 65.05.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 120.65 (0.75) (0.62) 1 Month 107.10 12.80 11.95 3 Months 108.65 11.25 10.35 6 Months 88.95 30.95 34.79 1 Year 74.35 45.55 61.26 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Top LeT militant killed in encounter
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling