Godrej Consumer falls 2% on disappointing Q3 earnings
31st January 2013 01:18 PM
Godrej Consumer Products (GCPL), one of the leading FMCG companies, fell on Thursday after reporting lower-than-expected profit forthird quarter of financial year 2012-13.
The company posted a marginal rise of 2.99% in consolidated net profit to Rs 1.72 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to Rs 1.67 billion in the same period last year. The market was expecting profit to come at Rs 2.02 billion.
During the quarter, the company saw a rise of 25.55% in total income to Rs 17.10 billion from Rs 13.62 billion in the same quarter last year. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 706, down Rs 14.9, or 2.07% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Thursday at 12:37 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 726.15 and low of Rs 700. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 33,848.In the earlier session, the shares lost 0.46%, or Rs 3.35, at Rs 720.90. Currently, the stock is trading down 8.05% from its 52-week high of Rs 767.80 and above 67.88% over the 52-week low of Rs 420.55.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 722.30 (1.40) (0.19) 1 Month 721.65 (0.75) (0.10) 3 Months 724.05 (3.15) (0.44) 6 Months 636.10 84.80 13.33 1 Year 438.60 282.30 64.36 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- India's bleeding insurgencies: Lessons from Latin America
- Western Ghat report has imperialist mindset: Ecologist
- Lot more to India-China ties than border stand-off: Experts
- Major industrial conglomerates making a beeline for Haryana
- Man kidnapped 23 years ago finds kin thanks to Google Maps
- Bangalore's techies start 'brand tattoos' craze
- Indian circuses struggle to adapt after court bans
- Want hassle-free tatkal ticket? Personally visit special counters
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- The toxic truth about ripe mangoes
- Shift me from ‘Anda’ cell, pleads Sanjay Dutt
- Sreesanth, 2 other players 'confess'; more players under scanner
- Indefinite strike leaves city parched; mineral water bottles fly off shop shelves
- Jiju Janardhanan’s house in Kannur wears deserted look
- Tamil Brahmi script dating to 500 BC found near Erode