PFC extends gain as Q3 beat estimates
31st January 2013 11:18 AM
Power Finance Corporation (PFC) extended gains on Thursday after reporting better-than-expected net profitof Rs 11.17 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 as compared to Rs 11.08 billion in the same period last year.Analysts on an average had expected profit of Rs 10.18 billion.
Total income has increased by 36.01% to Rs 44.66 billion for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 from Rs 32.94 billion in the year ago period. Shares ofPFC are trading at Rs 212, up Rs 5.3, or 2.56% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Thursday at 10:11 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 212.65 and low of Rs 207.80. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 124,569.In the earlier session, the shares climbed 1.5%, or Rs 3.05, at Rs 206.70. Currently, the stock is trading down 5.27% from its 52-week high of Rs 223.80 and above 52.52% over the 52-week low of Rs 139.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 196.50 10.20 5.19 1 Month 207.35 (0.65) (0.31) 3 Months 189.15 17.55 9.28 6 Months 175.80 30.90 17.58 1 Year 184.20 22.50 12.21 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- 'Poorest of poor survive on Rs 17 a day in villages'
- 'Middle-class Indians hard hit by rupee's fall'
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- 'Kerala will lose 10 per cent of water resources by 2030'
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- 10-year-old prodigy to enter Harvard University
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks