NALCO surges 7% as Q3 profit more than doubles
30th January 2013 04:18 PM
National Aluminium Company (NALCO), a manufacturer and distributor of aluminum products, surged on Wednesday afterthe company saidits third quarterprofit more than doubled.
During the quarter, the company's profit increased to Rs 1,189 million for the quarter ended Dec. 31, 2012 whereas the same was at Rs 512.2 million in the year ago period.
Net sales during the quarter increase by 16.79% to Rs 16.70 billion, while total income went up 14.46% to Rs 18.05 billion, when compared with prior year period. Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 50.25, up Rs 3.45, or 7.37% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Wednesday at 3:15 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 51.20 and low of Rs 47.50. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 907,114.In the earlier session, the shares fell 0.64%, or Rs 0.3, at Rs 46.80. Currently, the stock is trading down 26.59% from its 52-week high of Rs 68.45 and above 14.2% over the 52-week low of Rs 44.00.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 48.05 (1.25) (2.60) 1 Month 49.10 (2.30) (4.68) 3 Months 46.85 (0.05) (0.11) 6 Months 53.30 (6.50) (12.20) 1 Year 57.15 (10.35) (18.11) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15