Bajaj Auto shines on October sales
02nd November 2012 11:18 AM
Bajaj Auto, one of the leading 2 and 3 wheeler makers, shined on Friday after it posted a 4% rise in sales year-on-year to 411,502 units in October compared to 395,274 units.
The sales of its motorcycles increased 3% from a year ago to 361,186 units, while commercial vehicle sales were up 14% to 50,316 units. Total exports for October was at 126,091 units compared to 131,948 units in the same period last year, reflecting a drop of 4%.
Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 1,885.50, up Rs 40.45, or 2.19% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Friday at 10:24 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 1,888 and low of Rs 1,851.75. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 11,615.In the earlier session, the shares rose 1.71%, or Rs 31.1, at Rs 1,845.05. Currently, the stock is trading all time 52-week high, which is above 33.72% over the 52-week low of Rs 1,410.00.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 1,787.80 57.25 3.20 1 Month 1,783.90 61.15 3.43 3 Months 1,613.30 231.75 14.36 6 Months 1,501.75 343.30 22.86 1 Year 1,725.25 119.80 6.94 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today