Tata Global surges 5% on strong Q2 earnings
01st November 2012 12:18 PM
Tata Global Beverages, leading manufacturer and distributor of tea and coffee, surged on Thursday after it has reported an increase of 54.70% in consolidated net profit for the quarter ended September 2012 helped by improved operating performance and lower finance costs.
Consolidated net profit of the company rose to Rs 1,190 million as compared to Rs 769.5 million in the same period last year.
Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 158, up Rs 7.75, or 5.16% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Thursday at 11:35 a.m. Net sales during the quarter grew 14.22% to Rs 18.61 billion on the back of improved performance coupled with favourable foreign exchange translation impact.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 158.35 and low of Rs 151.40. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 644,042.In the earlier session, the shares lost 0.43%, or Rs 0.65, at Rs 150.25. Currently, the stock is trading down 4.18% from its 52-week high of Rs 164.90 and above 97.5% over the 52-week low of Rs 80.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 154.80 (4.55) (2.94) 1 Month 145.35 4.90 3.37 3 Months 130.55 19.70 15.09 6 Months 114.45 35.80 31.28 1 Year 91.05 59.20 65.02 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks