Dr Reddy`s shines as Q2 earnings beat estimates
30th October 2012 04:18 PM
Pharmaceutical major Dr Reddy's Laboratories shined on Tuesday after it reported a better-than-expected rise of 32.37% in consolidated net profit to Rs 4.07 billion for the quarter ended Sept 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 3.08 billion in the same period last year.
Analysts on an average were expecting profit to come at Rs 3.65 billion.
Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 1,722, up Rs 25.85, or 1.52% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Tuesday at 2:13 p.m. Total consolidated income has increased by 27.03% to Rs 28.81 billion for the quarter ended Sept 30, 2012 from Rs 22.68 billion in the year ago period.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 1,739.00 and low of Rs 1,701.55. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 81,518.In the earlier session, the shares climbed 1.62%, or Rs 27, at Rs 1,696.15. Currently, the stock is trading down 5.28% from its 52-week high of Rs 1,818 and above 14.72% over the 52-week low of Rs 1,501.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 1,731.20 (35.05) (2.02) 1 Month 1,647.40 48.75 2.96 3 Months 1,636.50 59.65 3.64 6 Months 1,744.45 (48.30) (2.77) 1 Year 1,671.40 24.75 1.48 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha