Colgate Palmolive gains on good Q2 numbers
30th October 2012 10:18 AM
Colgate Palmolive (India) gained on Tuesday after it reported good Q2 earnings.
The company reported a rise of 45.55% in a net profit due to higher net sales during the quarter. It has reported net profit to Rs 1,450.8 million for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 996.8 million in the same period last year. Shares of the company are trading at Rs 1,245.50, up Rs 11.95, or 0.97% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Tuesday at 9:57 a.m.Total income has increased by 17.50% to Rs 7.92 billion for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012 from Rs 6.74 billion in the year ago period.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 1,261.00 and low of Rs 1,240.10. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 7,967.In the earlier session, the shares gained 0.45%, or Rs 5.5, at Rs 1,233.55. Currently, the stock is trading down 1.46% from its 52-week high of Rs 1,264 and above 33.64% over the 52-week low of Rs 932.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 1,247.40 (13.85) (1.11) 1 Month 1,206.20 27.35 2.27 3 Months 1,157.55 76.00 6.57 6 Months 1,127.20 106.35 9.43 1 Year 1,002.70 230.85 23.02 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Knowledge and faith
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection