NALCO tumbles 4% on disappointing Q2 numbers
26th October 2012 02:18 PM
National Aluminium Company (NALCO) tumbled on Friday after the company posted a sharp decline of 97% in net profit for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012 due to higher input cost and lower production.
The sharp fall in profit was due to increase in coal and fuel cost by Rs 1.24 billion and lower production in rainy season.Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 47.35, down Rs 2.2, or 4.44% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Friday at 12:38 p.m.Net sales during the quarter fell marginally 0.3% to Rs 16.09 billion, while total income went up slightly 0.14% helped by other income to Rs 17.47 billion, when compared with prior year period. The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 48 and low of Rs 45.40. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 138,775.In the earlier session, the shares fell 0.3%, or Rs 0.15, at Rs 49.55. Currently, the stock is trading at all time 52-week low, which is below 30.83% over the 52-week high of Rs 68.45.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 49.55 0.00 0.00 1 Month 51.45 (1.90) (3.69) 3 Months 51.90 (2.35) (4.53) 6 Months 58.70 (9.15) (15.59) 1 Year 62.95 (13.40) (21.29) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers