JP Power climbs 3% on better Q2 earnings
25th October 2012 10:18 AM
Jaiprakash Power Ventures climbed on Thursday after it reported better Q2 earnings.
The company reported a surge of 30.42% in consolidated net profit to Rs 3.66 billion for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 2.81 billion in the same period last year.
During the quarter, the company saw an increase of 39.41% in total consolidated revenue to Rs 9.06 billion from Rs 6.50 billion in the same quarter last year.Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 39.95, up Rs 1.2, or 3.10% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Thursday at 9:31 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 40.15 and low of Rs 38.90. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 115,685.In the earlier session, the shares lost 3.73%, or Rs 1.5, at Rs 38.75. Currently, the stock is trading down 19.62% from its 52-week high of Rs 49.70 and above 62.73% over the 52-week low of Rs 24.55.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 36.45 2.30 6.31 1 Month 35.35 3.40 9.62 3 Months 31.20 7.55 24.20 6 Months 39.55 (0.80) (2.02) 1 Year 38.00 0.75 1.97 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15