Unichem climbs 2.4% on strong Q2 earnings
22nd October 2012 02:18 PM
Unichem Laboratories, a pharmaceutical company, climbed on Monday after it has posted strong Q2 earnings.
The company reported a rise of 83.22% in net profit to Rs 350.73 million for the quarter ended Sept 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 191.42 million in the same period last year. The healthy revenue growth and expansion in margins helped the company to report strong earnings.
Total income has increased by 32.9% to Rs 2.64 billion for the quarter ended Sept 30, 2012 from Rs 1.99 billion in the year ago period.
Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 192.90, up Rs 4.65, or 2.47% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Monday at 12:52 p.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 197.10 and low of Rs 191.10. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 61,328.In the earlier session, the shares climbed 0.97%, or Rs 1.8, at Rs 188.25. Currently, the stock is trading down 5.14% from its 52-week high of Rs 203.35 and above 90.71% over the 52-week low of Rs 101.15.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 174.20 14.05 8.07 1 Month 192.90 (4.65) (2.41) 3 Months 135.60 52.65 38.83 6 Months 143.80 44.45 30.91 1 Year 134.40 53.85 40.07 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- Congress to vote in Nitish government's favour today