South Indian Bank plunges on worries over growing NPAs
22nd October 2012 12:18 PM
South Indian Bank, the private sector lender, plunged almost 5% on Monday on concern over asset quality after the bank announced four-fold rise in NPAs during the for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012.
The bank reported a rise of 2.32% in net profit of Rs 971.5 million for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 949.5 million for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2011.
Total income has gone up 23.02% to Rs 11.45 billion for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012 from Rs 9.30 billion in the year ago period.Net NPA was at Rs 2,418.8 million for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012, as compared to Rs 583.1 million for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2011, representing an increase of 4.15 times.Net NPA was at 0.86% for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012, as compared to 0.25% for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2011.
Shares ofthe bankare trading at Rs 22.30, down Rs 1.15, or 4.90% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Monday at 11:23 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 23.70 and low of Rs 22.05. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 555,751.In the earlier session, the shares lost 0.64%, or Rs 0.15, at Rs 23.45. Currently, the stock is trading down 21.2% from its 52-week high of Rs 28.30 and above 12.06% over the 52-week low of Rs 19.90.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 23.30 0.15 0.64 1 Month 22.50 0.95 4.22 3 Months 24.25 (0.80) (3.30) 6 Months 23.90 (0.45) (1.88) 1 Year 23.05 0.40 1.74 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS