TCS gains on good Q2 earnings
22nd October 2012 10:18 AM
India's largest software exporter, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) gained on Monday after it reported good Q2 earnings.
Consolidated earnings grew at 7.1% sequentially and 44% on year-on-year basis to Rs 35.12 billion. Analysts had on an average expected profit of Rs 33.34 billion.
Revenues, on the other hand, climbed 5.1% sequentially and 34.3% on year-on-year basis to Rs 156.21 billion.Shares of the company are trading at Rs 1,319.70, up Rs 29.4, or 2.28% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Monday at 9:32 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 1,330 and low of Rs 1,303. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 77,716.In the earlier session, the shares declined 1.14%, or Rs 14.9, at Rs 1,290.30. Currently, the stock is trading down 8.23% from its 52-week high of Rs 1,438 and above 28.02% over the 52-week low of Rs 1,030.85.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 1,298.15 (7.85) (0.60) 1 Month 1,321.50 (31.20) (2.36) 3 Months 1,223.05 67.25 5.50 6 Months 1,059.25 231.05 21.81 1 Year 1,048.25 242.05 23.09 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- India's poor need more purchasing power, not doles
- Japan support sought for Vision 2023
- Rahul aide to pick Nellore MP candidate
- Kerala: PSC guidelines put candidates in a fix
- Dead son's education loan: Bank seeks its pound of flesh
- With Advani visit, Modi begins charm offensive
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Tata Motors unveils 8 upgraded models of passenger vehicles
- Flaws in Koodankulam plant
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- 60 killed in Nigerian village attacks
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair