CMC shines on strong Q2 earnings
16th October 2012 12:18 PM
Shares of CMC, a systems engineering and integration company in India,climbed on Tuesday after it has reported strong Q2 earnings.
The company reported a rise of 50.49% in consolidated net profit to Rs 494 million for the quarter ended Sept 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 328.26 million in the same period last year.
Consolidated total income has increased by 24.73% to Rs 4.59 billion for the quarter ended Sept 30, 2012 from Rs 3.68 billion in the year ago period.
Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 1,137.25, up Rs 23, or 2.06% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Tuesday at 11:13 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 1,164 and low of Rs 1,100.90. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 11,659. In the earlier session, the shares fell 2.07%, or Rs 23.5, at Rs 1,114.25. Currently, the stock is trading down 4.57% from its 52-week high of Rs 1,191.65 and above 66.02% over the 52-week low of Rs 685.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 1,119.50 (5.25) (0.47) 1 Month 1,095.60 18.65 1.70 3 Months 978.35 135.90 13.89 6 Months 968.60 145.65 15.04 1 Year 759.60 354.65 46.69 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers