Tata Motors falls after weak global sales
16th October 2012 11:18 AM
Tata Motors, India"s largest automobile company, fell on Tuesday after it has posted global wholesales, including Jaguar Land Rover, were 103,656 nos., in September 2012, lower by 4% over September 2011. Cumulative wholesales for the fiscal are 579,037, higher by 8%, compared to the corresponding period in 2011-12. Global wholesales of all commercial vehicles - Tata, Tata Daewoo and the Tata Hispano Carrocera range - were 54,761 nos., in September 2012, higher by 3%, over September 2011. Cumulative wholesales for the fiscal were at 283,546 nos., higher by 2%, over September 2011.
Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 264.95, down Rs 4.4, or 1.63% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Tuesday at 9:26 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 265.95 and low of Rs 262.95. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 90,605.In the earlier session, the shares lost 0.44%, or Rs 1.2, at Rs 269.35. Currently, the stock is trading down 17.36% from its 52-week high of Rs 320.60 and above 65.39% over the 52-week low of Rs 160.20.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 269.70 (0.35) (0.13) 1 Month 270.30 (0.95) (0.35) 3 Months 221.55 47.80 21.58 6 Months 319.35 (50.00) (15.66) 1 Year 188.00 81.35 43.27 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- 'Data shows gambling rampant in India'
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Experts push for blanket ban on tobacco promotion
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- Dravid to retire from IPL?