Axis Bank gains on good Q2 earnings
16th October 2012 10:18 AM
Axis Bank, India"s third largest private sector bank, gained on Tuesday after it reported good Q2 earnings.
The bank reported a rise of 22.08% in net profit to Rs 11.24 billion for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 9.20 billion in the same period last year.
Total income of the bank increased by 27.18% to Rs 82.8 billion for the quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 65.11 billion in the same period last year. Interest income rose 26.75% over prior year period to Rs 66.87 billion.Shares ofthe bankare trading at Rs 1,144.70, up Rs 26.2, or 2.34% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Tuesday at 9:26 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 1,146.55 and low of Rs 1,132. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 53,568.In the earlier session, the shares fell 0.15%, or Rs 1.7, at Rs 1,118.50. Currently, the stock is trading down 12.55% from its 52-week high of Rs 1,309 and above 45.91% over the 52-week low of Rs 784.50.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 1,128.20 (9.70) (0.86) 1 Month 1,009.55 108.95 10.79 3 Months 1,036.55 81.95 7.91 6 Months 1,196.65 (78.15) (6.53) 1 Year 1,120.40 (1.90) (0.17) Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- UPA-II anniversary: No honest appraisal
- Bangladesh allows transit for foodgrains for Northeast India
- Increasing friction between the Chandy and Chennithala factions
- Woolwich attack provokes anti-Muslim backlash across UK
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Raids on six officials reveals huge stash
- Now, Delhi police go after eight Kings XI Punjab players
- Chennai Super Kings owner Gurunath Meiyappan arrested
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Police get Gurunath, Srinivasan squirms
- Unswayed city backs CSK’s final ‘fix’ture
- Gurunath Meiyappan neither CSK owner nor Team Principal: India Cements