Carlyle Group to sell 3.71% residual stake in HDFC; stock down
05th October 2012 10:18 AM
Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) plunged on Friday after media reports quoted that global private equity major the Carlyle Group is set to exit in the company. Selling its 3.71% residual stake in the company for about USD 850 million (about Rs 45 billion). Shares ofthe companyare trading at Rs 760.85, down Rs 27.35, or 3.47% at the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) on Friday at 9:36 a.m.The scrip has touched an intra-day high of Rs 775.55 and low of Rs 758.80. The total volume of shares traded at the BSE is 17,931,561.In the earlier session, the shares gained 1.57%, or Rs 12.15, at Rs 788.20. Currently, the stock is trading down 4.16% from its 52-week high of Rs 793.85 and above 26.63% over the 52-week low of Rs 600.85.Share Price Movement Period Pricein Rs Gain/(Loss) in Rs in % 1 Week 772.90 15.30 1.98 1 Month 724.60 63.60 8.78 3 Months 683.65 104.55 15.29 6 Months 679.75 108.45 15.95 1 Year 627.80 160.40 25.55 Note: Based on previous day closing price.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Chandy aborted Chennithala’s Cabinet berth: NSS