Netflix CEO buys $1M in Facebook shares
By AP - MENLO PARK (California)
11th August 2012 11:25 AM
Netflix Inc. CEO Reed Hastings gave his thumbs-up to
Facebook by buying about $1 million worth of its stock.
Hastings is a Facebook board member and the first insider at the social media company to disclose buying its stock since its initial public offering in May.
Facebook's stock has fallen nearly 45 percent since it first sold public shares to investors at $38. It was one of the most anticipated IPOs, but investors have been questioning its ability to keep increasing its revenue.
Purchase by company executives or directors are typically considered a vote of confidence in the company.
A regulatory document filed Thursday with the Securities and Exchange Commission shows that Hastings bought nearly 48,000 shares on Wednesday at $21.03 each. Facebook Inc.'s stock closed that day at $20.72.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Spot-fixing: CSK owner's relative under police scanner for Vindu connection