- Kerala: Sparks fly as CPM, CPI spar over unity
- Kept on Congress fringe, says Mani Shankar Aiyer
- TN: Debate over Science at engineering colleges hots up
- Kerala Women’s Commission advertisement kicks up row
- Spot-fixing: RR to slap charges against players, BCCI sets up probe panel
- Narayanasamy supports ban on pro-Tamil Eelam meeting
Seven street magicians on Saturday made Kochiites rediscover the seldom experienced states of awe and wonderment at the Street Magic Fest organised by District Tourism Promotion Council and Muthukadu Magic Academy.
A group of tanker lorry owners, that carry drinking water meant for the capital city on Saturday night declared a snap strike for Sunday following the district administration’s directive to introduce certain restrictions on the supply of water from the Water Authority.
Power transmission losses, which had continued to rise under the DMK regime and peaked at 9.82 per cent in 2009-10, reduced during 2011-12, after the AIADMK led by J Jayalalithaa took over the reins of the government.
The possibility of an immediate reshuffle in the Oommen Chandy Government and more importantly the induction of KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala into the ministry, failed to gain much momentum on Saturday though informal talks continued at various levels.
Chairing a Cabinet, Siddaramaiah reportedly sent a strong message to his Ministers that corruption would not be tolerated in his government and all should function within the framework of law.
Sunrisers made heavy weather of a modest target after a brilliant start, but completed a five-wicket win over Knight Riders to take the fourth place in the playoffs.
World champion Viswanathan Anand suffered a shock defeat at the hands of Hao Wang of China for the second time this year to sign off joint fourth in the Norway Chess 2013 super tournament.
Battered by series of scams and the recent sacking of Cabinet Ministers P K Bansal and Ashwani Kumar, the Prime Minister's task to present a positive picture is not easy.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Farmer gets wise, beats drought with micro-irrigation
- Translation to go hi-tech; C-DAC to launch ‘Translator’
- BJP's post-Karnataka gloom: Neither united nor untainted
- Hit by chit fund scam Mamata faces biggest challenge in 2 years
- 'Kiran visited Delhi 76 times since he became CM'
- Bangalore scores low on medical tourism
- Key relationships
- Car makers run into diesel dilemma
- NEET 2013: CBSE gaffe leaves students in a fix
- Jaya expresses grief over pontiff's death
- Rs 8K-crore plan for upgrading ICVs of Army
- Sleepless nights, no baths for Sreesanth
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- Shun hatred to live with peace
Did you expect the BCCI not to pass the buck in the spot-fixing scandal?
Yes - 38%
No - 62%
Total number of votes: 16