- Fate of 40,000 workers from AP in Gulf countries hangs in balance
- TN: Hectic parleys on for winning 6th RS seat
- Farmers' stir over Methane project in TN
- Sports quota admission of Anna University put on hold
- Water-borne diseases affect 58,000 in Karnataka
- Bangalore: Masked gang carries away ATM in 12 minutes
With the DMK and DMDK tied down for the sixth seat from the State to Rajya Sabha, hectic parleys and the hunt for support from the Congress and other minor parties continued on Tuesday.
The Assembly march taken out by the Left youth organisations demanding investigation into the callgate scam turned violent forcing the police to use teargas and water cannons.
The Rs 1 rice scheme announced by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah will be launched with much fanfare on July 1, but it will reach the poor only between July 10 and 20.
Speaking in the Assembly after the suspension of TRS and BJP members, the Chief Minister said the Congress party is serious about solving the issue and is working on it.
The Sri Lankan batsman and former skipper said that his team was desperate to win the ICC semifinals against India, although he acknowledged that the Indian team was playing well and their batting looked strong.
The judge at No 1 Intermediate People's Court in Beijing accepted 52-year-old Argentinian's claim that Hot-Blooded Soccer had infringed his image rights by featuring a cartoon of the star and his signature without consent.
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan evaded the reports of tear gas being fired into closed spaces or directly at protesters, maintaining that it was police officers' "natural right" to fire tear gas to quell the unrest.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- High Court's 'sensual' ruling seems unwedded to reality
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
Should the government spend more resources to set up a flood warning system?
Yes - 92%
No - 8%
Total number of votes: 37