- Split Lavalin chargesheet, Kerala HC tells CBI
- Kochi to host WEF India meet in November
- Discussions on Telangana on at 'highest level': Shinde
- CBI to question PM's advisor TKA Nair in coal scam case
- Plan panel finds holes in Modi's Gujarat growth model
- HC asks CBI to file charge sheet in Ishrat Jahan case by July 4
With the DMK and DMDK tied down for the sixth seat from the State to Rajya Sabha, hectic parleys and the hunt for support from the Congress and other minor parties continued on Tuesday.
The Assembly march taken out by the Left youth organisations demanding investigation into the callgate scam turned violent forcing the police to use teargas and water cannons.
The Rs 1 rice scheme announced by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah will be launched with much fanfare on July 1, but it will reach the poor only between July 10 and 20.
Speaking in the Assembly after the suspension of TRS and BJP members, the Chief Minister said the Congress party is serious about solving the issue and is working on it.
The Sri Lankan batsman and former skipper said that his team was desperate to win the ICC semifinals against India, although he acknowledged that the Indian team was playing well and their batting looked strong.
The judge at No 1 Intermediate People's Court in Beijing accepted 52-year-old Argentinian's claim that Hot-Blooded Soccer had infringed his image rights by featuring a cartoon of the star and his signature without consent.
Defence Minister A K Antony said that the neighbouring country must initiate strong action against terrorist groups operating from its soil, in order to improve Indo-Pak ties.
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan evaded the reports of tear gas being fired into closed spaces or directly at protesters, maintaining that it was police officers' "natural right" to fire tear gas to quell the unrest.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Deadly year for encephalitis feared in India
- A mobile phone for Kerala CM, finally
- India becomes Kenya's largest Asian trading partner
- Pakistan's Punjab government allocates millions for JuD centre
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: High Court
- Underworld has betting syndicates in vice-like grip
- NCRB report: 1,316 juveniles booked for rape last year
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Now pay less for roaming calls, texts
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Wedlock valid only if consummated: HC
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
Should the government spend more resources to set up a flood warning system?
Yes - 91%
No - 9%
Total number of votes: 35