- Will Siddaramaiah government act against officials?
- Bomb blast victim seeks admissions to engineering course
- MPs, MLAs to fund facelift of public ponds in Kerala
- Kochi Metro Rail details to be framed on Friday
- Air India Express crash: Memorial remains only a promise
- Sengupta sworn in as new CJ of AP High Court
The previous DMK-led administration in the Chennai Corporation caused losses to the civic body in the construction of six flyover and subway projects, according to the CAG report.
Two of the existing three jack wells on the Hemavathy backwaters installed by Hassan municipality have gone dry, officials are a worried lot, as they have no alternative to provide drinking water.
Placement of smoke detectors and heat detectors which will automatically activate the hooters and other public announcement systems for early warning and evacuation.
A reception committee with Mayor Tony Chammany as the president and District Collector P I Sheikh Pareeth as general convener was formed on Monday to make the launch of the construction work of the Kochi Metro Rail a grand event.
Water tanker operators in the capital called off their strike on Monday afternoon even as the district administration and the KWA termed the strike a ‘non-issue’ and that the strike had not hit water supply in any manner.
Writing to PM Manmohan Singh on the issue again, CM J Jayalalithaa drew his attention to the unanimous resolution passed by the state assembly on May 3 pressing for the retrieval of the islet in the Palk Strait.
Putting an end to the debate over the entry of KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala into the Cabinet, the Chief Minister on Monday reiterated his stand that Chennithala, like in the past, continued to be not interested in joining the Cabinet.
In keeping with the State policy of providing new cars to the newly sworn-in ministers, the government has purchased 20 Sports Utility Vehicles at a cost of Rs 14.2 lakh each.
TDP chief said that they have requested the President to initiate action against the tainted ministers. Corruption involving Rs 1 lakh crore took place in the state through quid pro quo.
Intensifying its campaign for special category state status for Odisha, the Biju Janata Dal appealed to all the panchayati raj institutions to pass resolutions supporting the demand.
To come out of the deep pit, it will be a huge challenge for Dravid and his men. Every move on their field will be looked with suspicious eyes, something which David would hate.
Adrian Sutil says the VJM06, launched for the 2013 season, is the best car he has driven for Sahara Force India and it would suit the street circuit for Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix, here.
After a five-and-half year tenure in the office, Rai also backed demands for a collegium type of selection for CAG though he was not very sure about the effectiveness of a multi-member body.
- For team Rahul, it’s good politics that will yield rich dividends for poor Indians
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- 'Climate change may spell disaster for coastal economy'
- Lanka’s woman Thavil players fading away
- Pakistan's answer to electricity shortages: Don't wear socks
- All dead, no vultures fly in Andhra now!
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Super Kings hope to ride Mumbai's hit wave
- Suriya storms ahead of Vijay, Ajith online
- Chennai Super Kings beat Mumbai Indians, reach IPL finals
- Meghalaya's CMJ University faces probe after awarding suspicious PhDs
- Man arrested for attempt to attack TV host Ranjini Haridas
- CCTV must for BPUT exam centres
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links
Will you give the UPA one more term?
Yes - 7%
No - 93%
Total number of votes: 107