On her visit to Kalpakkkam, social activist Medha Patkar said, 'More and more scientific data over the effects of radiation must be coming from Kalpakkam, and thereby, it should be made a ‘case study’ for other nuclear reactors.'
Seeing the positive response to its pilot Urban Biodiversity Enhancement Programme, under which polluted urban ponds are being given a fresh lease of life through people’s participation, the KSSB will soon expand it to more ponds in the city.
Strongly opposing the Centre’s proposal to disinvest a further five per cent of the GOI’s stake in the public sector Neyveli Lignite Corporation, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Thursday urged the Prime Minister to drop the move and instead explore alternatives.
Answering a query during the post-Cabinet media briefing, the Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the UDF had entrusted him to decide on filling the vacancy in the Cabinet caused by Ganesh Kumar’s resignation.
The Indian Premier League is a den of gambling, BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said Thursday and pressed for a detailed inquiry into the spot fixing in the tournament.
- Madrasi heart for Pakistani Madrassa teacher
- Somayagam returns after 48 years
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- CBSE results likely to be out in 4-5 days
- Sushma upset at Modi role, walks out of BJP meet
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Bride-to-be found with head smashed
- 56,700 Indians face deportation from Saudi Arabia: Khurshid
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- CBSE kids in fix as colleges begin enrolling
Should BCCI chief N Srinivasan take moral responsibility for the IPL mess and resign?
Yes - 88%
No - 12%
Total number of votes: 80