With the DMK and DMDK tied down for the sixth seat from the State to Rajya Sabha, hectic parleys and the hunt for support from the Congress and other minor parties continued on Tuesday.
Indications are that the Assembly sittings in the days ahead will continue to be stormy with the Opposition adamant that Chief Minister Oommen Chandy resign and face a judicial investigation in the solar panel scam.
The Rs 1 rice scheme announced by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah will be launched with much fanfare on July 1, but it will reach the poor only between July 10 and 20.
Normalcy returned on the power front with Upper Kolab hydro power station resuming generation of electricity and the fourth unit of the Talcher Thermal Power Station back to the state grid.
South Africa will look to shed their big tournament 'chokers' tag that has haunted them for long as they go into the first semi-final of the ICC Champions Trophy.
Many protesting in Brazil's streets hail from the country's growing middle class, which government figures show has ballooned by some 40 million over the past decade amid a commodities-driven economic boom.
- You are aiming high, but beware of marketers selling you as an FMCG
- Social media goes martial over High Court's marital ruling
- Slum removal scheme tweaked to make it more effective
- Ready to tune in the lord, catch him up on Twitter
- 'Early monsoon beneficial for kharif crops'
- 95 per cent stolen goods not recovered in Kerala, says NCRB
- Karnataka MLAs were frugal in their poll spending
- Now talcum powder linked to ovarian cancer
- Indian Coast Guards help rescue 26 crew from shipwreck near Yemen
- Army Major captures 'UFO' in Kerala
- Thousands missing near Kedarnath shrine
- Callgate: Doctors were prime target for Biju, Saritha Nair
- 73 dead, over 71,000 stranded as rains batter Uttarakhand, UP
- Congress raking up secularism issue to hide its failures: BJP
- Prices of 348 drugs to come down drastically from May 15
- Learnt to embrace simplicity from SRK: Puvisha
Should the government spend more resources to set up a flood warning system?
Yes - 92%
No - 8%
Total number of votes: 52