- Nawaz Sharif seeks civil-nuclear technology from China
- TNAU predicts below par monsoon in seven districts
- Gun-toting film financier held after 11-hour ‘hostage’ drama
- Chennai Corporation may hike IT firms' property tax by up to 200%
- Cancel big currency notes to control black money: TDP chief
- Australia looks into allowing Sikhs to wear turban at work
After years of trying to stem the flow of road accidents, the Chennai City Traffic Police’s initiative to map out the most accident-prone zones and curb road-rage has worked wonders that the accidents in 2013 have been on the decline.
There are 1,400 buses belonging to educational institutes in Hyderabad and till date only 350 buses have obtained the mandatory clearances for fitness certificate test.
Seeing the positive response to its pilot Urban Biodiversity Enhancement Programme, under which polluted urban ponds are being given a fresh lease of life through people’s participation, the KSSB will soon expand it to more ponds in the city.
In what could be bad news for farmers in Thanjavur, Sivaganga, Madurai, Erode, Karur, Tirupur and Nagapattinam districts, the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University has predicted below normal rainfall in these areas during South West Monsoon season this year.
Answering a query during the post-Cabinet media briefing, the Chief Minister Oommen Chandy said the UDF had entrusted him to decide on filling the vacancy in the Cabinet caused by Ganesh Kumar’s resignation.
There was no DMK, no TMC and no surprise last minute entry by Samajwadi chieftain Mulayam Singh Yadav to uphold the UPA-II’s fourth ‘Report to the People’.
- The Woolwich 'beheading' is straight out of al-Qaeda's terror manual
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- There is betting link even in Sree's company
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- Sahara Group accuses the BCCI of Betrayal
- Knowledge and faith
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
- Police summon CSK boss on spot-fixing
- IPL Eliminator: Brad Hodge helps Royals beat Sunrisers
Will legalising betting in sports stop fixing?
Yes - 45%
No - 55%
Total number of votes: 101