- Shashikant Sharma’s posting as CAG invites Opposition ire
- TNAU predicts below par monsoon in seven districts
- Gun-toting film financier held after 11-hour ‘hostage’ drama
- Chennai Corporation may hike IT firms' property tax by up to 200%
- Cancel big currency notes to control black money: TDP chief
- AP: Local body elections from June last week
After years of trying to stem the flow of road accidents, the Chennai City Traffic Police’s initiative to map out the most accident-prone zones and curb road-rage has worked wonders that the accidents in 2013 have been on the decline.
As accidents in the city involving school buses have been on the rise over the past two years, the authorities this time have come up with safety measures aimed at the benefit of thousands of students.
In what could be bad news for farmers in Thanjavur, Sivaganga, Madurai, Erode, Karur, Tirupur and Nagapattinam districts, the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University has predicted below normal rainfall in these areas during South West Monsoon season this year.
After a long period of truce, the simmering feud between KPCC president Ramesh Chennithala and Chief Minister Oommen Chandy has come out into the open with the former lashing out against Chandy.
Jittery Rajasthan Royals beat Sunrisers Hyderabad by four wickets, qualifying for the Champion's League and will face Mumbai Indians for a place in the IPL final.
The National Investigation Agency (NIA) Wednesday filed its charge sheet against four men, accused in the 2006 Malegaon bomb blast case, before a Special MCOCA court, officials said.
- Not a drop of Cauvery for people on its banks
- Dalit discrimination 'forms' in colleges
- Marine turtles giving Kerala a miss
- New mango named Nirbhaya after gang-rape victim
- Shortage of essential TB drug heightens risk to patients, others
- Four years of UPA-II
- Nine years as PM: What will be Manmohan Singh's legacy?
- Maharashtra’s aid to digitise rare manuscripts in Thanjavur
- CM can go his way: Ramesh Chennithala
- Names of UPA ministers will surface in IPL spot-fixing: Swamy
- Knowledge and faith
- BrahMos missile test fired from Russian warship
- BSNL Ernakulam posts Rs 390-crore turnover
- Incredible India! Cuppa at Rs 1,200 is Chiru’s idea of sustainable tourism
- Yasin Malik’s support for Sri Lanka Tamils a sham
- IPL ban, takeover of BCCI sought
Will legalising betting in sports stop fixing?
Yes - 37%
No - 63%
Total number of votes: 46